Hi, my name is callumkelso! Will I get UC backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is callumkelso! Will I get UC backpay?

Options
callumkelso
callumkelso Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can anyone tell me does lcwra get back dated from your first sick note handed in? My claim was made on the 25th of January 2021 and I have provided sick notes from that date right up until my decisions which was made on the 23 of April.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

There is a 3 month waiting period you don't get paid for so you will be looking at around June for your first payment 

Hope this helps 
  • callumkelso
    Options
    Hi thank you for you prompt response does this mean I will get backdated from the 25th of January any arrears im owed and also I'm due a payment this month but on my journal it only says my universal credit and not my extra allowance for this month.

Kind regards 
  • janer1967
    Options
    No you won't get any back pay as you are not entitled to any payment till the 4th month 

So as I said your 1st payment will be in June and just 1 payment 
  • callumkelso
    Options
    Okay is that the case even if I have provided fit notes too.

Kind regards
  • janer1967
    Options
    Yes it is the case for everyone there is no entitlement for the first three months 

Read up about it on gov website 
  • callumkelso
    Options
    Okay glad you could clear that up for me because when I phoned up the office the lady on the phone said I'm entitled to back payment. 

Kind regards 

Callum
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @callumkelso

Welcome to the community, I hope you're well today. 

As mentioned above, you will be paid from the 4th month so won't receive any backpay for the previous periods. I hope the responses from Janer have helped to clear things up for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Okay glad you could clear that up for me because when I phoned up the office the lady on the phone said I'm entitled to back payment. 

Kind regards 

Callum
    Unfortunately not and also the call handlers are not the best people to speak to as they have very bare minimum knowledge. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.