Making new friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making new friends

BrodyBrody2021
BrodyBrody2021 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hello, I have just joined the group ,i would like to chat to people of a similar age (I am 25) I feel isolated as I don't know many people ,I live in the north east, I moved here from London 4 years ago. I haven't been out much since the first corona virus lockdown.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I am sure you will find friends here just join in 

You may like our coffee lounge for general discussions 
  • BrodyBrody2021
    Thank you for your encouragement ... I'll join in with a conversation. 

• callumkelso
    callumkelso Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi brody I'm a similar age to you im 28 and live in the North West of England im happy to chat if you like :) 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrodyBrody2021 hi and welcome to scope, i'm sure you will find people who are friendly on here, as janer says just join in the conversations, we are a friendly bunch of people of all ages.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @BrodyBrody2021

I hope you're well.

As mentioned by others, feel free to get involved in discussions around the community and I'm sure you'll make some friends :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BrodyBrody2021 and welcome to the community :) I'm 26 and from Norfolk. How is your week going so far?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • BrodyBrody2021
    Hello, and thank you for the warm welcome. My week has been good so far ?. How has your week been so far? 
  • Ami2301
    That's good :) My week has not been too bad thanks, it was made all the more better yesterday when I received an email from my rehab to let me know their out-patient service is back open, so happy to go back to physio and see my rehab family again! :smiley:
  • BrodyBrody2021
    edited April 2021
    Hi Amy.. Do you use Facebook at all? If you do, I would love to send you a friend's request. 
    My Facebook name is (Removed by moderator, personal details are not allowed on the community) if you want to check it out ?
  • Ami2301
    Unfortunately members are not permitted to give out their personal details, like full name, email, etc as this goes against the community guidelines. However, once you've reached 25 posts, you can send private messages, you're not far off! Will be more than happy to chat via private message :)

Brightness