How do you get a referral to Speech and Language Therapy from your GP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you get a referral to Speech and Language Therapy from your GP?

Options
uk71
uk71 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
How does an autistic adult get a referral to a speech and language therapist from their GP?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry this hasn't been picked up on I think it's because of the section you have posted it in 

I will ask admin to move it then more people will see it 

@Cher_Scope can you move this please 

I would guess that yes either through your gp or consultant 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @uk71

If the adult already has a health care professional involved in their care such as a GP or consultant, as @janer1967 mentioned, then speaking to them in the first instance would be helpful to get the ball rolling.  Alternatively, many hospital trusts offer the option of self-referral which you can generally do via the Speech and Language department section of the hospital website.

Also, just to advise - I've tweaked the title of your post to help others spot it and also moved it to our 'Autism and Aspergers' category.  Good luck with the referral and please let us know how you get on.

PS - thanks @janer1967 for letting me know about this :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • uk71
    uk71 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    Thank you for the advice.

Brightness