Hello am Jenny — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello am Jenny

brie
brie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I run a charity for the Disabled elderly in Jamaica and looking for Mobility Equipment

Comments

• brie
    brie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    You can find us at
    www.bringinghopetojamaica.co.uk, we work with the elderly in the UK connecting people
    Befriending service
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Seems like a worthwhile charity you run 

We don't supply any equipment this is just a forum for advice and connecting with others 

Most equipment in UK is supplied through NHS or social services or purchased by individuals 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @brie :)

I've just been having a read of the information on your charity website. It looks like you're involved in lots of different activities, both in Jamaica and the UK? And your befriending service for the elderly looks like a really valuable initiative.

I know you've said in your original post that you're looking for mobility equipment. Could we just check what you were looking for in particular? That way we might be able to signpost you a bit better.

For example, if it's advice and guidance on mobility equipment that you're after, then you might want to have a look at our Disability aids, equipment and technology section. That contains lots of previous posts about mobility equipment for disabled people. Or were you looking to purchase some equipment? As Janer1967 says, we're a forum for members, and we don't actually supply, fund or advertise any mobility equipment on the online community. 

Anyway, I hope that's helpful to you. Thank you for joining us and spreading the word about your charity. And do get in touch if you have any questions for us.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @brie - & welcome to the community. I've been looking at your charity's website too & wish you all well. There's some info on Scope that may be of interest as to places you might get mobility equipment from. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/second-hand-disability-equipment/

Brightness