Lcwra first payment and backdate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra first payment and backdate

Options
yoohyeoniee
yoohyeoniee Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi there, I recently had an assessment where I was found to have LCWRA. My assessment periods are from the 4th to the 3rd. My first fit note was sent on the 8th of November 2020  with the fit note start date being the 15th of October 2020 and the end date being the 8th of November 2020. . The next fit note I sent was on the 5th of February 2021 with the start date the 8th of November 2020 to the 28th of February 2021. The next fit note I sent was on the 26th of February 2021 with the start date being the 24th February 2021 to the end date the 31st of March 2021 And the final fit note I sent was on the 26th of March 2021 with the start date the 25th of March 2021 to the 1st of May 2021.

Because there was a period where I used a backdated fit note will that alter if I will get a backdated LCWRA payment and when that payment will be made. I suffer from some mental health issues so trying to figure all this out is very confusing for me. I'm sorry if I have posted to the wrong forum. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there The backdated fit note shouldn't affect anything 

As your first fit note started from middle Oct this doesn't cover the October assessment period 

So based on that nov -dec , dec-jan and Jan-feb would be your 3 waiting periods and payment will start in Feb-mar period paid in March 

So you should see a couple months back pay ev March and April hopefully your May payment will include the additional payment 
  • yoohyeoniee
    Options
    @janer1967 Thank you so much. I've been worrying so much that it's made my mental health so much worse. Hopefully if all goes well it will be one less thing to worry about. Thank you very much. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @yoohyeoniee Great username!  Welcome to our community.

I'm glad the advice you've received has helped.  You mention that your mental health has been worse in relation to your UC and I wanted to check how you were doing, and if you felt you had enough support?  I know navigating the benefits system can be anxiety provoking so please let us know if you feel that you need more help.

Good luck and I hope all goes smoothly from here on in :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • yoohyeoniee
    Options
    @Cher_Scope HI, things have been up and down a lot but I have weekly meeting with my CPN as well as my medication being doubled. I am coping at the moment. Thank you
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @yoohyeoniee Ah I'm glad you have support in place via your CPN and reviewed meds.  If you ever need any support with anything, you know where we are.  We'd love to help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • yoohyeoniee
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you I will keep that in mind :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your welcome that's what we are here for you help each other 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.