Efoldi lite or Di Blasi mobility scooter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Efoldi lite or Di Blasi mobility scooter?

jetskidia
jetskidia Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Considering buying one of the mentioned scooters.
Has anyone on here got one?
Pros and cons of each model please?
Thanks

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jetskidia :) I'm afraid I don't have personal experience of either of these mobility scooters. I've marked your post as unanswered to increase the chances that another member sees it. Have you looked for reviews elsewhere online? What are the main things you're looking for from a mobility scooter? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I have a scooter but quite old and not the ones you mentioned  

The best thing to do is go and try them out to see what is best for your needs as you can read up but you need to know if it is comfortable as well as how it performs 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, remember these small light weight scooters are made and designed for shopping mall usage as they have low ground clearance and smaller wheels. Most are boot type scooters which break down into four or five parts to make it easier to put into the car boot. Remember that the batteries are or will be the heaviest part to lift aprox 20 to 30 lbs. Ask yourself can I lift this amount from ground level into my car boot and from my car boot in doors to charge the batteries. Will it fit in my car boot space. Try before you buy if you are able.
  • jetskidia
    wilko said:
    Hello, remember these small light weight scooters are made and designed for shopping mall usage as they have low ground clearance and smaller wheels. Most are boot type scooters which break down into four or five parts to make it easier to put into the car boot. Remember that the batteries are or will be the heaviest part to lift aprox 20 to 30 lbs. Ask yourself can I lift this amount from ground level into my car boot and from my car boot in doors to charge the batteries. Will it fit in my car boot space. Try before you buy if you are able.
    Hi,
    The two I mentioned do not have low ground clearance or particular small wheels, they also don’t break into various parts, but just fold into one piece, they definitely do not have batteries that weigh 20 to 30 lbs!
    Thats why I am considering only the two I mentioned.
    TY
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @jetskidia :)

I'm afraid I can't offer any reviews or advice. Hopefully though, somebody on the community will spot the title of your post and get in touch if they do have any experience of either the Efoldi Lite or Di Blasi scooter. 

Do you currently have a preference for one or the other? Or are you still undecided? 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jetskidia
    Caz_Scope said:
    Hi @jetskidia :)

I'm afraid I can't offer any reviews or advice. Hopefully though, somebody on the community will spot the title of your post and get in touch if they do have any experience of either the Efoldi Lite or Di Blasi scooter. 

Do you currently have a preference for one or the other? Or are you still undecided? 
    Still undecided?

Brightness