Money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Money

lewissayner
lewissayner Community member Posts: 45 Listener
Hi
I have been dealing with a few money issues recently and have been struggling to do my shopping. I have been trying to find jobs but haven’t found the right ones that I like. I was wondering if there’s a website where you can get money coming in or something that would help me out with my money problems

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure I understand what it is you are looking for? I suppose if there was a "website where you can get money in" we would all be on it and not on here?
    On a more serious note if you have debt problems could I suggest you speak to:

https://www.stepchange.org
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @lewissayner do you have a discretionary fund you can claim in England we have one in wales  you fill a form in on line and if your allowed money will be put into your account within two days it doesn't have to be paid back your allowed 3 payments  over 12 months 
  • Caley
    Caley Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Depends what you mean by websites that can help get money coming in, but I know a lot of people sign up to survey websites and do paid surveys online to make a little bit of extra money, though it's usually only a couple of quid but could still make a difference if you're really struggling.  I've used a few, some of them I got fed up with as nearly every survey would kick me out halfway through because I "didn't fit the criteria" and/or would bombard me with annoying popups and ads, but one I do like is called Prolific, which only has surveys run by academics and universities and is by far the best I've ever used.  It's a bit hit and miss, some weeks I might make £10-12 and nothing at other times, and there are short surveys that range from a few pence up to longer ones worth £1-2 but it's a little bit extra which never goes amiss when you're skint.  You can cash out to Paypal once you reach a fiver, which is very handy and very easy to do.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with money @lewissayner. Are you currently claiming any benefits?

Have you considered accessing a food bank, if you're struggling to get food in?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.