PIP paper review - conflicting return dates! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP paper review - conflicting return dates!

Luna51
Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good morning everyone ☺ 

I am rather annoyed with the DWP (this is probably not unusual to be fair) and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience with their PIP review letters?
I am my ASD daughter's appointee and have had an extention letter then shortly afterwards the review form. The form itself states the information must be back by the 15th April (giving me just over  3 weeks to complete it) I always send recorded next day delivery to be sure they get there so rushed it all to send today. This morning I received another 'reminder' to send in the form but the date it was to be sent in by had changed! It's now the 15th of JUNE! So, I rang the DWP and yes they confirmed we have until the 18th of June.. The truth of the matter is I have a horrible feeling that if isn't in by the 15th April, they'll stop her money. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
I can't help feeling things are not as they should be at the DWP.. ?

Thank you so much ? 

Tagged:

Comments

• anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    Hi, DWP has extended the time you have to return the form. It’s now 3 months :) so don’t worry. 
  • Luna51
    Thank you..
    So is that a recent decision by the DWP? I wish I'd known before, I had a fight with my canon printer over this paperwork yesterday ? 
  • anxiousbird
    Hahah, I don’t know when that change was made but I’m pretty sure the extension has been around for quite a few months now :) 
  • Luna51
    Well they certainly don't like to make things easy for people do they.. ?
    Have a good day, and thanks again ☺ 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Yes it is correct return of forms us now 3 months rather than 1

Some have had letters with the return date blanked out 

All you need is proof of postage recorded delivery isn't needed as it is just royal mail who sign for it not dwp 

You daughters payments won't stop as she has the extension so until a new decision is made from the review there will be no change in payments 

Good luck for the claim 
  • Luna51
    Hello..
    Thank you for this.
    I'm not sure why they don't make this clearer from the start, but that's another story I guess!
    Her extension is until May 2022 but I hope it'll be looked at before then.
    I have four daughters, the youngest two of which I claim PIP for (they are 22 & 18) so have been doing these forms for a long time. It's a shame that the system hasn't improved in all that time for them.. 
    Thanks again, and best wishes 

• Luna51
    Hi Adam

This is a really kind gesture. Ironically, I have recently purchased this information from another website (at a discounted price of course!)
    However, I'm sure other people might find this very helpful! 
    Thanks for posting and kindly offering your support. 

Best Wishes 

Lisa 
  • Luna51
    Oh dear perhaps I was a little naive in believing that the last user (who has since deleted his comment) was genuine. I guess you just can't be too careful nowadays.. ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Luna51 said:
    Oh dear perhaps I was a little naive in believing that the last user (who has since deleted his comment) was genuine.
    Most likely he has had all his posts removed by a moderator as he spammed the forum yesterday evening with identical posts across multiple threads.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Luna51
    I didn't realise this, honestly the depths some people will stoop to never fails to shock me.. ? 
  • anxiousbird
    @calcotti @Luna51
    He did ‘spam’ the posts but I wouldn’t assume his intentions were bad. He was probably just wanting to get his posts to as many people as possible. I myself responded to his msg and he sent me all the pdf guides (genuine and useful) promptly. I guess the way he went about it was wrong but I personally think he meant well. :) 
  • anxiousbird
    Hadn’t thought about it like that. Now I feel like a fool giving away my email address! ??‍♀️ I genuinely thought ‘such a nice person helping people’. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @anxiousbird these people target the vulnerable by offering services they know people are in a desperate need of in order for their own gain 

This forum is full of members who are fighting for these benefits so was an ideal place for this scam 

You wasn't the only one to give your details 

Several of us flagged this up to admin and commented but in hindsight as admin were not around we should have put a warning post out to tell members not to give out their details 

Lessons learnt for a lot of us 

But remember the community guidelines about personal info is there for everyone's safety and if a member puts info on their post like they gave their email it should be checked out by admin 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.