Hi, I'm Benjamin123! What is the criteria for claiming PIP with heritary haemochronmatosis? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Benjamin123! What is the criteria for claiming PIP with heritary haemochronmatosis?

Benjamin123
Benjamin123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I am new here. I did not realise you could claim pip if you have heritary haemochronmatosis. Can anyone tell me how I go about this and what is the criteria?
Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Pip isn't about a condition it is about how that condition affects your daily living and mobility against the descriptors eg dressing , bathing,  eating , preparing food and so on 

You can find lots of info in our pip section 

To apply you call the pip helpline you must have had the condition at least 3 months and be expected to last at least another 9 months 

I would recommend you look at the descriptors to see if you think you qualify 

Any questions just ask 
  • Benjamin123
    Benjamin123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for your advise 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Benjamin123 and a warm welcome to our online community.

As advised, PIP isn't based on having a diagnosis but how your impairment(s) impact the components of daily living and mobility.  You can find a full list of the activities and descriptors you will be assessed against on this PIP info webpage.  And, you would need 8 to 11 points for the standard rate and 12 points or more for the enhanced rate of each component.  

This Scope webpage provides an overview of PIP and this government webpage explains more and the next steps on how to claim.  If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)  We'd be happy to help.

Also, just to advise - I've tweaked your title to help others better pre-empt what your question is and also moved your thread to our home for all things PIP - our PIP, DLA and AA discussion category.  Good luck!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hello @Benjamin123 :)

How are you doing today? Just wanted to get in touch and see if you'd found those posts from our members useful? 

Hopefully, that's a good starting point for you? All the best submitting a claim. Feel free to come back to us if you have any other questions about the process. And please do keep in touch to let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.