Mattress advice. Does anyone have a Tempur mattress? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mattress advice. Does anyone have a Tempur mattress?

telb
telb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi, after a bit of advice, needing a new mattress, have been considering a Tempur mattress, has anyone got one? which one?  These are expensive but will be worth it if it helps. I'm not sure which type to get, I've tested both in Dreams bed shop, Tempur original and Tempur Cloud, both are lovely but testing in the shop is completely different to actually using it. I have been advised from Tempur that the more the mattress is used the softer they get. The original gives more support and more of that sinking feeling but the cloud is softer but if it gets even softer over time will it be too soft??
If anyone has a Tempur mattress I would be interested in hearing what one and their thoughts.
Do you think it will be worth the investment?
Dreams give a 40 night trial and can change the mattress for £49 which is great but I could change it for one that over time will not be suitable.
Thoughts please.
TIA
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,738 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @telb welcome I have orthopedic mattress as I suffer with my back, I guess you have to buy one that suits you as every one is different, i cant use memory foam hurts my back even just sitting on one. Hopefully you get one that suits,have you looked at reviews on line for tempur mattresses.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @telb :) 

I'm afraid I don't have a Tempur mattress, so I couldn't make any recommendations. As Sandy_123 said, it might be worth looking for reviews online to see which mattress might suit you best depending on your needs and how you like to sleep. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @telb and a warm welcome to scope, how are you today?
    Two years ago we bought a mattress, it was 8" of sprung divan topped off with 2" of memory foam and its the best mattress we have had in 40 years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @telb

About 2 years ago here too, me and my husband (newly married so it feels weird saying that  :D ) got a Tempur 'Cool touch sensation elite' mattress after years of having a poor one where the springs literally stuck in our backs.  We did the test in the shop as you have and I fell in love.  

For us, it's been a good investment.  It is without doubt the comfiest mattress I've ever known and although that 'sinking feeling' is less noticeable - probably because we've got used to it - it hasn't got softer or lost any of it's support.  

They are expensive so do think it through as your experience may differ from mine.  Please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Do Tempur to the trial basis when you buy. I have recently got an octaspring new mattress and it had 60 day trial I think which took to worry out of spending a lot of money then finding it wasn't right. I personally find I need at least a week to see how my body copes with a mattress, It was ideal for us as hubby gets pain in his shoulders, me in my hips and this mattress is great as it can be turned as is shaped different ways (split in two but inside a cover so feels like one mattress. I top it with a panda topper and it has helped enormously! Sorry wasn't much help on the tempur just wondered if they did the trial which may help you!

Pix 
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    @draverin that link you posted is an Australian website. Scope is based in the UK so shipping would be ridiculous from over there. The thread is also almost 5 months old so hopefully the OP has now got their mattress. They also haven't returned to scope since posting the question.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • telb
    telb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi all, been getting more posts recently, thanks to all.
    I purchased a Tempur Cloud Elite mattress from Dreams, really nice and soft but also supports. Had it for a good few months now and very happy with it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @telb for getting back to us and telling us how you got on
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Hi @draverin,

Just to let you know, I've removed the link from your post. I appreciate you were giving a personal recommendation, but we don't allow links advertising paid products here on the community, as stated in our house rules

• Tori_Scope
    That's good to hear @telb :)

• oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    I have a John Lewis Orthopaedic mattress.  It is nice and firm. Well made

Brightness