Panicking. The notes I've made for my assessment are longer than my form. Which will be used? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Panicking. The notes I've made for my assessment are longer than my form. Which will be used?

kaishalewis
kaishalewis Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi me again i filled out my pip review form and sent it back they have said i will need an assesment i have three pages written down for the assesment as to how my condition affects me i have a lot more written for the assesment than i did on the form will the form be used as evidence on making a desicion or will all the information i have written down now be able to be used? Hope that makes sense x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

They will use your form and any evidence as well as the assessment report

The assessment will be based around what you put on the form trying to get more info 

Too late now but for future you should put as much detail on the form as you can and treat it as a new claim 

In some cases they can then do a paper based assessment 

Good luck let us know how you get on at least you have done the prep work 
  • kaishalewis
    So basically i have shot myself in the foot ?‍♀️X
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No don't worry the assessment gives you the opportunity to expand on what you have put on the form but the questions are led by the assessor 

As you have written stuff down cross them off as you have mentioned them then anything left add on at the end 

The other option is to submit what you have written as additional evidence and send to dwp 

As you don't have an assessment date yet I would try this but keep a copy fir yourself 

When sending put covering letter and make sure your name and ni number is in every piece of paper 
  • kaishalewis
    Thankyou i will do hopefully gets to them in time x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.