Hi, I'm Shazeal! In 2 months I'll have no wages. Can I get any financial help? Who can I speak to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Shazeal! In 2 months I'll have no wages. Can I get any financial help? Who can I speak to?

Options
Shazeal
Shazeal Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi guys, I'm suffering from osteoarthritis. In 2 months I will have no wages at all. 
Does anyone know if I can get any help financially or, even tell me who I need to speak to please
Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Shazeal welcome, are you loosing your job through redundancy or because of a medical reason. You can put in a claim for universal credit all information is on line at www.gov.co.uk  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You could be entitled to new style esa if you have paid enough ni and have medical condition confirmed by fit note 

If you are getting ssp now you can claim 3 months b4 this ends but won't get any payment till ssp ends 

There is also uc and again you can report a medical condition  and if eligible could get more money 

Both of these would require a work capability assessment if you are reporting a condition 

Dependant in your ability to do daily tasks and your mobility you may qualify for pip 

There is a benefits calculator in our benefits section You can put your details in and it will advise on benefits you may be eligible for 

Hope this helps lots to take in but you have few months to read up on it all 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Shazeal :) I'm sorry to hear about your employment situation. It must be quite stressful. How have you been coping? 

Here's a link to the benefits calculator that Janer1967 has mentioned above. It'd help us if you could share a little more about why your wages will be stopping in 2 months, and whether you're currently accessing any benefits. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.