How much can I earn If my husband claims benefit for us? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much can I earn If my husband claims benefit for us?

Options
Crossstitch12
Crossstitch12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2021 in Work and employment
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some info, my husband is disabled and claims ESA and PIP and I am on Carers allowance and I am wondering how much I am allowed to earn before it will affect our benefit. The income wouldn't be a flat rate as it is worked on commission basis. Any info would be of great help.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Crossstitch12
    Crossstitch12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Edit:- Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some info, my husband is disabled and claims ESA and PIP and I claim Carers allowance for him. I am going to be starting Body Shop at Home and I am wondering how much I am allowed to earn before it will affect our benefit. The income wouldn't be a flat rate as it is worked on commission basis. Any info would be of great help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    You can earn up to £128/week without losing your CA as confirmed on the link woodbine posted.

What type of ESA does your husband claim? If it includes any income based payment then this will be reduced by anything you earn in excess of £20/week.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Crossstitch12 :) Thanks for joining.

I hope that the above replies have been helpful. Please do take a look at calcotti's comment regarding the type of ESA your husband claims, and let us know if you have any further questions.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our employment category. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness