10 minute Work Capability Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

10 minute Work Capability Assessment

Options
foxmanfires
foxmanfires Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all,

I’m a little perturbed by the fact my Work Capability Assessment was only 10 minutes. The assessor asked me about suicidal ideation and history of self harm, and then said she had everything she needed and that she didn’t need to ask me about any other of the points.

Does this bode well for me? Is it possible I triggered the ‘substantial risk’ regulation? Thanks!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It may be that there was enough information and evidence in your form 

Let us know the outcome 
  • foxmanfires
    foxmanfires Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

It may be that there was enough information and evidence in your form 

Let us know the outcome 
    I didn’t manage to get that much medical evidence but I was quite thorough on my form, so I hope you’re right! 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @foxmanfires

It does sound like it's a case of waiting to see so please let us know how you get on and good luck. 

Also, if at any point you feel like you would benefit from extra support with your mental health, please let us know.  Navigating the benefits system isn't easy and we wouldn't want you struggling.  

Take care and I hope you hear good news soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.