What difference has your pet made to your life? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What difference has your pet made to your life?

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Better keep the can opener under lock and key @fluffycat !

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    Better keep the can opener under lock and key @fluffycat !
    He’s clawed sack of biscuits and tried to knock smaller packs off shelf! Claws can tear paper!

last cat would scratch the slops out of food pouches lol
  • BunnyBabs
    BunnyBabs Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    That is so sweet..
    I've been forgetting how amazung puss-cats are...since my world was taken over By A Bunny !! She's as big as a cat & twice as Fluffy...
    After mr Kitten passed I never thought I would have another Pet...
    They say Bunnies find you !!
    This one certainly did...she's become my heartbeat...I 'll have to find a way to post a pic of her...I 've never been able to capture any of her awesome self in a pic...She's a divine Beauty glistening & Golden..Then I take a pic and its like "Oh where's her face ? She's just a little Fluff ball !!
    She's a Queen and rules in her own silent way. ..She's also disabled ,so truly one of us..I admire her so much..I'd love to share her with you and the world...Love to your Little friends xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahh it's so lovely to see everyone's pet family  <3  Some proper cuties about!

@BunnyBabs Let me know if you have any trouble posting a pic of your lovely bunny.  She sounds like a real character!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • motherjac
    motherjac Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    @motherjac What beautiful names, particularly Parsnip  <3 And wow, Monty is a gorgeous boy.

Here's a little photo of my two girls: Lavender is the white one and Trinity, her older sister, looking on disapprovingly  :D  

Aww they’re so cute ?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Some absolutely gorgeous pet photos an animal antics stories here! Such a lovely, feel-good thread too!

Thank you for all your contributions so far. Do keep them coming. It's so nice to see and hear about the positive difference that all your pets have made. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Charlieniblett
    Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected

My best friend, he keeps me sane, gives me a purpose and gets me out of the house!! 
    My partner is at home all day on his own when I work and he said our dog Bandit stops him from getting lonely.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering

My best friend, he keeps me sane, gives me a purpose and gets me out of the house!! 
    My partner is at home all day on his own when I work and he said our dog Bandit stops him from getting lonely.
    love him and very cool name.
  • BunnyBabs
    Well  heres Tina Buns Fluffy Tail !
    As I sed I can never seem to get her wholeself in2 one frame..I cant seem to do her justice ! 
    For 8+ yrs...I  just follow   this this little tail ..
    Other pic is her napping like a true little fur baby, safe in my arms..xx
    Just visible her little fluffy front paws..She's so good, as day breaks she'll use those little paws, by licking them ,then cleaning her whole face and long ears...She also routinely cleans b4 b'byes and on waking up !!
    So good !
    She established these little beauty cleaning rituals from such a young age...I like to think her Mum showed her how,? Little fluff was sold at just six wks .old..to a young! couple ;
    They planned to take her and leave her in a rescue..!!after just a couple of mths. 
    She never fails to carry's out her cleaning rituals I
     While I'm bleary eyed in the morning, shuffling about.She will be clean and proper ,bright as a button and ready for breakfast...xx
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Love the pictures everyone :) Thanks for sharing. I was a little reserved when we got our dog, now I wouldn't be without him :) Thank you.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @WestHam06 Aww, what breed is your dog?  And, what's he called? :)

@BunnyBabs @Charlieniblett Your furry friends are totally adorable  <3  It's really clear that our pets make such a positive difference to all our lives.  They are an extended part of the community!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • motherjac
    motherjac Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    66Mustang said:
    Lovely pictures @motherjac thanks for sharing
    Thank you ?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    @BunnyBabs You've got a proper gorgeous little fur baby there. I love the photo of her napping in your arms and it was so nice reading about her morning ritual :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope
                                  Thanks for asking, his name is Sam. He is a Patterdale Terrier. Thanks.
  • Ayoung1979
    Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous

Here's two of my babys Angelina the dog & Rex the cat.  I have an African Grey parrot too that I'll show you.  They are my everythings. Don't know what I'd do without them! When I get home from a hard day at work they cheer me up.  They are there for me too when I'm feeling alone and down.
  • mariequirk
    mariequirk Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi everyone, my eldest son bought me a dog for my 50th birthday last year whilst we were all in lock down. He brought the dog(my meila) to see me almost every day, he bought me everything I needed for her and he house trained her to a good level and she has been a life saver for me, kept me company when I was lonely, listened to me moaning, crying and never ever judged me, she is an amazing little lady I love her so much, she brings me joy. My son calls and walks her twice a day as I can’t. I would never be with out her. 
  • mariequirk
    I don’t know how to post a photo of my meila. 
  • mariequirk
    Oh I think I have done it. X
  • BunnyBabs
    It's funny how animals possess such amazing qualities...sort of what we look for in other humans but dont always find....Although they cant speak we gain a rapport wiv them.They still use thier tounges to communicate...but thier toungues do not lie or say hurtful things, they're niether contentious or beligerent and they dont hold grudges...Just amazing..little friends ,who keep our hearts warm and happy..
    Your little friend looks playful..and cosy..Your son knew just what you needed. Happy to hear and see the pics.
  • mariequirk
    Awww thank you. 

Brightness