Question - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Globster

I just wanted to say hello and send you lots of virtual support.  I'm so sorry the GCSE English course hasn't worked out as hoped but try not to let it dishearten you.  Your passion for poetry and way with words is clear for all to see and you have so much to offer.  Hopefully, with a mini break and some head space from this experience you will feel revitalised and ready to go again.  In the mean-time, look after yourself and think about all you've already achieved.  We are very proud of you here at Scope <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,371 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Cher_Scope
    I appreciate everyone kind words you are all truly amazing and thank you for all your Scope online community support and kind words

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    @Globster I am doing creative writing, it is lovely, and when sharing your work in class everyone is supportive as they have to share theirs too ;) Best of luck moving forward with whatever you decide to do, you will be amazing!

Pix
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,371 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Pixie51
    I appreciate your advice and I will definitely do a creative writing course once I have had a short break 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Globster I just wanted to get in touch and add a few more words of encouragement and support to all that's been said so far. 

I think you should be so, so pleased with everything that you've achieved. Don't let anybody else take that away from you. I know that's easier said than done sometimes. But try not to be too disheartened by one person's words and actions. And make sure you keep on your own path in terms of doing whatever it might be that you really want to do. 

You're the best judge of your own accomplishments. And you should be really, really proud of yourself.  <3

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster,  
                       I just wanted to thank you for sharing your poetry with us here on the community. You clearly are a natural and your words are so inspiring :) I'm sorry that this particular venture didn't work out, I was always told it's the process not the end product that counts and you gave it a go. You are amazing and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do next. You'll ace it :) Thank you. 
  • Globster
    Options
    @Caz_Scope
    @WestHam06
    Hello @Caz_Scope and @WestHam06
    I appreciate both your kind words I have other ventures I want to do but I will you know once got the ideas of the ground I will let the scope online community updated thanks you all for your amazing support and advice 

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    That's what we're here for @Globster. :)

You take care and enjoy a bit of time out if you need it. All the best with whatever you're thinking about doing next. And we're looking forward to hearing more about your other ventures!

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Options
    Hello 
    just a quick update my attempt to try to get my GCSE English done somewhere else because one person who hates leaving things incompleted but quite sure where going do yet but will you know once made a decision where 

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with your GCSE 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck @Globster :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Options
    thank you to all of the Scope online community for your support 

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 741 Pioneering
    Options
    @Globster,
    Hi and welcome,
      I would just lie to say good luc as advice here so far is all good.
      Glad you have had an extention over 2 years but really once you have given your first reading, you may find like me where you really are.  Subject of choice?  Doesn't really matter, as for instance A Dive Masters Certificate requires a 10 minute talk about something that is chosen by the panel of 6, and is also given to others invited to take the same test.
      When your 4th or 5th and then while the person is taling you are taen behind a screen and given something to talk about and it could be anything from a Whistle or Flare to giving Expired Air Resusitation in the water? ( EAR )
      That is the extreme, in your case you have a subject so reserch it.
    Write down at the start bullet points in word what to think is the order you want to talk about, and may be squeezing in bits as they come to you that may be more relevant at the start than the end.
      You will find that once you start how much you realy know and just needs a little coaxing out, you will soon be in full flight and remember to try to stick to relevant points that you want to put over, so good luck and expect to see you on TV, man gets resounding applause as disitation goes down a storm. 

Brightness