Awaiting results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting results

Options
Pixie51
Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
Well it's been two weeks since my lumbar puncture for possible MS after an MRI finding brain lesions in January. My SSEP tests came back normal but I have received a new neuro telephone appointment at the end of June, so not sure if I will be waiting until then to find out the results or if they might send out something separately. Kind of hoping that is good news and it may be just a case of signing me off from neurology, they did warn me they may not find out why I had lesions. In limbo a little. Am not overly concerned as I can't change anything by worrying but I guess it is on my mind or I wouldn't be writing this!

Hope you are all doing ok today.

Pix 
Yoga heals the soul ??

Comments

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Pixie51 :)

Lovely to hear from you! Thanks for the update and really good to see that you're feeling fairly optimistic about your test results and possible next steps. 

I'm sure we can all understand your feeling of being in limbo though! That's so natural, isn't it? But I think that's a really positive way of approaching things. Writing a post to us lot, to get things off you chest and have a friendly natter about how you've been getting on! 

So, out of curiosity, have you got anything nice planned between now and the end of June? Something to look forward to, that might help the time go that little bit quicker? If not, maybe put something in the diary for you and the family? :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks Caz. I am at the end of my first year of a degree so plenty to keep my mind going!!  Deadlines left right and centre!! Then and way more importantly I have my first grandchild due the first week of June.....or whenever he decides to arrive so yes very excited about that!

Pix x

Yoga heals the soul ??
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to both hear from you, & to see you helping around the forum @Pixie51 . I bet you can't wait to hear about your first grandchild. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wow that's very exciting news first grandchild as well as doing a degree,  what degree are you doing? 

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry @PIxie51!

That was bad timing of me to ask about having anything nice planned when you've got your degree submission deadlines coming up. ;) Best of luck with all of that!

But you're right! That all pales in comparison to the news about your first grandchild being on his way. How lovely! Are your family based nearby? Hopefully, you'll be able to visit them all? Or have you already been signed up for babysitting duties?

Yes, you're definitely going to be kept pretty busy between now and the end of June. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness