Hi, my name is clo992! I'd just like some advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is clo992! I'd just like some advice

Options
clo992
clo992 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all so i work in social care and sadly watched one of my residents be diagnosed with cordaquina broken my heart 

But now i thought my problem was IBS where before hand my toileting was fine th6i started with swollen stomach constipation then random diarrhea but just took as it was but also with my job comes back pain but over past few months opening my bowel and urinating has become as serious strain sorry for to much info it has now caused crippling pain all down my buttocks and legs and also struggling to hold my bladder 

I hope you all don't think I'm being dramatic just like some advice x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome Sorry to hear about your problems 

We are not able to give any medical advice as we are not trained in this area 

You need to consult your gp about this The issues may not be connected but either way only a doctor can help and get you some treatment 

Hope you get something sorted don't leave it any longer 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @clo992 and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you're experiencing at the minute. Have you spoken with your GP about your symptoms?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @clo1992 and a warm welcome from me :)

I'm sorry to hear about your resident's diagnosis and also your poor health.  You don't sound dramatic at all, just understandably concerned.  Any changes to bowel/urinary habits are best off being investigated by GP's, just to be on the safe side, so please do get in touch with them if you haven't already.  I know getting through to doctor surgery's can be a bit of a hassle due to long waiting times, but persist in getting through and let us know how you get on.

Sending you lots of get well wishes.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @clo992 - & welcome to the community from me also. I'm sorry to read about your problems, &, as above, I would get in touch to discuss these with your GP to seek their advice. :)

Brightness