If you had the chance to meet one person from history, who would it be? And why? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you had the chance to meet one person from history, who would it be? And why?

Caz_Alumni
Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
edited May 2021 in Coffee lounge
So folks, just for a bit of fun on a Friday afternoon...  :)

• If you could choose to meet a person from history, who would it be?
  • Why that person in particular?
  • And what's the one 'burning question' that you would ask them?

Looking forward to finding out which historical figure you're all going to choose!

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• kev1
    kev1 Community member Posts: 613 Pioneering
    Henry V111
    Would ask him if he wrote Greensleeves
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Would be Elvis Presley in his younger age 

Why because of his music and his genourosity to others 

I would ask him to sing wonder of you to me and ask him to marry me 

• Caz_Alumni
    @kev1 That's an interesting choice. I've got a picture in my mind of some random 21st century chap (yourself obviously) turning up at Henry's VIII's court and asking that one very pertinent question!

@janer1967 Fantastic answer! And I think I now know who is Elvis' Number 1 fan ;)

• spankie76
    spankie76 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Thats a hard one, I have two if that's OK but one of them is more of a joke.

1, Edward Teach(blackbeard) so I can ask him where his ship and treasure was sunk ?

2, H.G Wells just so I can watch him work but I would have to ask him where the idea for war of the world came from 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @kev1 hi there, a lot of historians say Henry 8th wrote greensleeves for Anne Boleyn, but there's no written evidence of it.
    I love Tudor era, so looked into it before.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I would like to meet Abraham Lincoln 
    He was an inspiration to many and his quotes are legendary. I had the chance to visit his memorial while in Washington DC and it really does impress and take your breath away. Many others like me just sit there and ponder whilst there.

I would ask him if he thought the civil war was worth it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I feel like Freddie Mercury would be a fascinating person to meet, so I'll say him.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    @Caz_Scope
    I hope you are well?
    I would have martin Luther king I will tell you I have a dream as well?
    He was inspiration and my motivation to follow my dream

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Jesus.
    why? Because He should know the answer to my question.
    my question would be ...were The Buddhas teachings correct?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Caz_Alumni
    Hi @Globster :) I'm very well. Thank you for asking. How are you doing?

That's an excellent and very inspirational choice, Martin Luther King. I know you've got lots of different ambitions Globster. And I can understand why he would the natural choice for you. But what's your dream?

@leeCal That's deep and complex! I like your thinking! :)

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @Caz_Scope
    @leeCal
    My dream is to inspiring other people with disability to follow their dreams I will hope to do this by my short stories and poetry writing. I listen to speeches when I feel down they give me a lift. I also in the process of writing a disability stage play and I want a disability radio play and feature film based on a disability character who overcame some challenges life and I want to positive children show the incorporates a young boy with disability and proves people wrong
    I look forward to hearing what the scope online community think about my ideas 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Your ideas sound great @Globster, I like them, good luck with it. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Well, after much thinking, ive decided I would fetch back my parents, to ask all those questions I never asked,  as I didn't think they were irrelevant  or  important. 
    All the famous people, I would like to talk to, I can reasearch on. 
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    @janer1967 you fibber saying you wouldn't marry again so no popping the question to Elvis

Brightness