Advice needed on housing and rent arrears — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed on housing and rent arrears

hass
hass Community member Posts: 194 Courageous
edited November 2021 in Housing and independent living
 Hi all Hope your all well?

Please can some one help.
This evening  i left my parent's  house  it was building up for months .
I've spoken about my housing situation previously as many years ago I was emotionally abused 
By my parents due to lock down  I had no choice but to come back  if I stayed in my housing association  flat I would not have survived  due to the harrassment from the neighbours.
I was approached by a police woman  as i was in a state and told  her the situation  she suggested  a hotel and would take me there  and advised to contact social  service  or the domestic abuse   I told her I did but I can't afford i to pay £300 a week .

I don't  know what to do  

Comments

• hass
     I also need antibiotics   no GP  will take patients on  due to corvid .

I'm lacking capacity for anything I just want to sleep and not wake up
    I'm sorry to trouble you all
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Hello @hass

My name's Caz. We haven't spoken before but I know that you've visited the Online community in the past and I just wanted to check in with you and find out how you're doing?

I can see from your posts that you're having a difficult time of it at the moment. I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll definitely do our best to help you as much as possible. Absolutely no need to say sorry either. It's no trouble and that's what we're here for. Also, remember that you can always get in touch with the following organisations, if you feel that you need some additional support.
    And, if you feel that you need immediate help and you may harm yourself, do call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

So hass, what I'm also going to do is send you an email with some more information about how we ourselves might be able to help you. If you do happen to spot this post in the meantime, it would be really good if you just let us know on the Online community how you've got on since last night. 

You take care and we'll speak again soon.  
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • hass
     Hi Thank you
    I didn't go.to the hotel I couldn't afford it in ancycase it was wasn't worth going  for 1 night  what do I do about the test of days 
    I went back to parental home  
    L
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  @hass sorry to read your post, I have a link below that might be helpful to you.
    https://emotionalabuseawareness.tumblr.com/post/101803771347/leaving-an-abusive-home
  • hass
    Hi im 45 I do t want to report it to police I discussed  this with the officer last night when she swa me  distressed 
    I
    The other problem is  I have a secure tennancy   but I can't go back I'm 2 scared with the harrassment  from neighbours hence I couldn't stay there  during lock down 
    My situation is dire  I'm soooooo exhausted  

• Sandy_123
    edited May 2021
    @hass can you speak to your landlord about the problems you are having, they may have other propertys you could move to. Also your local council may be able to help with emergency accomadations or have information on other places you could move to.
  • hass
     I've done all this    
    This is going on since 2006 
     I have a a sociolotor  shes not helpfull telling me to do this then saying know  I have her a letter from the GP that's states the housing in my flat is having a serious impact on my health  conditions along with 15 health  conditions 
  • Sandy_123
    Its not good is it maybe look at other accomadation in  surroundings thats best for you .
  • hass
    I've been looking for yrs  without sucess  
    Theres a new  law if anyone moves or does an exchange with tennant  and finds out that there is a history of anti social  behaviour   tennant can use landlord 
    This was a case in the quardian news paper  last yrs similar to mine 

Hers was horrendous racial violence 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hass - I'm so sorry to read about your ongoing problems. Did you have a look at Caz_Scope's email as she's saying that Scope may be able to help you? I think this is worth trying.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Yes, please do feel free to come back to us again about the email that we sent through to you @hass

I just wanted to get in touch and see if you have had the chance to follow up with anybody about the health issues that you've been experiencing. Have you managed to sort out anything out yet? If not, please do think about trying to speak to a health professional about needing some antibiotics. Either your GP, a pharmacist or your local Accident and Emergency unit, if things get any worse. 

Also, have you given any thought to the other points that I mentioned in my email? Or have you been able to speak to anybody about things since then?

You take care and do let us know how you're getting on.

• hass
    No  I've just been on scope  helpline for  neatly 2 hours I just hanged up now 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Were they able to help @hass?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • hass
     As stated I couldn't  get through  i was waiting  nearly 2 hours
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @hass

Sorry to read of your situation  and yoh have probably already done thus but have you contacted shelter charity at all they deal all the time with this sort of situation 

I really hope you find a suitable solution 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies @hass, I thought you meant that you spoke to them for 2 hours. I'm sorry that you had such a long waiting time. It could be worth ringing them at a different time of day. They're open 9am to 6pm on Monday to Friday, and 10am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday, and their number is 0808 800 3333.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hass

How have you been? Did you try contacting the helpline again? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • hass
     Hi no I didn't I've become I'll again on steroid  antibiotics  with serious chest  Infection  kidney urinary throat.
    Been advised to self isloate  by 111 
    Sent off corvid pcr test.
    I'm doomed  
     I've just found out  earliar I'm in rent arrears I've never been in arrears 
     Emailed housing officer 
    I really need help  with my housing  
    I'm losing capacity to do anything  please 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Hello @hass,

How are you doing? I've just been on the community and spotted your message. Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues. I know you've said you feel like you're doomed. But please know that we're here to help if we can. What else can we be doing to try and support you right now? 

Also, how did you get on with ringing the Scope helpline? If I recall right, you said that you preferred to speak to somebody in person. What did you discuss with them? And did you come to any conclusions about how they might be able to help you?

I know that you've spoken to 111. But have you seen your GP or visited the hospital? It sounds like you've been prescribed steroids and antibiotics for you conditions? Hopefully that means that you're under the care of a medical team? Is that right? What did they have to say about your health in general? And were they able to offer you any additional support, given your other issues?

Keep in touch to let us know how you're going on. And if at all possible, please do try and speak with the helpline again. I know you said that you preferred to talk to somebody over the phone. So, that might be easier for you than trying to respond to us on the community. But remember, we're here as well, if you need somebody to talk to. 

• hass
     Hi 
    I managed to speak to a lady  via the helpline  
     Unfortunately  it wasn't successful 
    I was supposed to contact  the lady today  but I couldn't due to  THE EID   festival's 

With all due respect I dint think anyone is grasping the situation 
    There fore I feel more isolated and frustrated.

Brightness