Does your cat get up to mischief? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does your cat get up to mischief?

fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
Does yr cat get into scrapes / fights outside (or inside)

Have they been Spade/Neutered what have you ?

My cat was rolling around with another in a heated Tate oh Tate. Not sure who instigated it. 
(Will be neutered soon, booked to be done)
Had to calm down puss with some treats and the other cat went on their travels. (Bit of a worry)

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Its always best to get them done, stops toms being aggressive and wondering off looking for mating partners. Also stops spraying in the house b4 they start and of course un wanted litters with female cats.
    My cat b4 he passed, was caught going after the butter on the counter, you would think he never got fed. 
    Loved chasing other cats out the garden, well they'd look at him and dart, he was a big cat because of his breed.
  • fluffycat
    @Sandy_123

Bless

Wonder what makes a cat subservient to another or vice-Versa (though size could be one, as you say)

Feel like parent of a bully or bullied offspring lol

• Sandy_123
    Lol Cats are are funny animals, usually terroritry comes into it alot, my cat was very verbal if another cat came any where near. 
    I do miss my cat or not having a cat, but its not right time for me to have another 1.
  • fluffycat
    edited May 2021
    @Sandy_123

My last cat took instant dislike to 90% cats and would be wound up/give a swipe, I didn’t dare go near else I would get wrath lol. Loving cat otherwise. (LOL any opportunity would jump on my back)

Current one is still a mystery as not had long. (6-7 months)

He’s massive 10-11ib. (Huge legs/panther like paws) 

• Sandy_123
    Aww sounds lovely they fetch a lot of joy
  • Sandy_123
  • fluffycat
    Sandy_123 said:
    my blue
    Like velvet and don’t mess with me. 
  • fluffycat
    Paw kitty dopey after booster. Eating ok so not so worried. Temperature back to normal. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    I only have experience with dogs but I guess this can be applied to cats as well...

I often wonder how animals decide that they don't like each other. With humans we have to get to know each other and know someone's personality before we decide whether we are friends or not compatible. With dogs it seems a quick sniff of the other dog's backside is enough to decide if they either are best mates or want to fight!

I thought it could me a gender thing and that males don't get on with other males as they want to be the alpha, but not the case with my dog, there have been males he gets on with and some females he doesn't like!
  • Padraig
    Padraig Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Don’t want this to be a sad post but a celebratory one. My darling complain cat of 15 years, Wilson, died three weeks ago today. I am still benefit with grief and think I hear him or go to make his breakfast. He would sleep with me at my feet after a good tummy tickling! In the mornings he would come up on my chest or beside me look into my eyes, smell my breath and lick me. If he was happy off he would trot to do his rounds. If not he would lay the length of me or on the pain spot, his purs and heat as well as his companionship and love could not be bought or given by a human. I’m so glad I’ve been vegetarian fo forty one years! I have his ashes, a small amount in a pill box on family Pagan alter. A large spoonful to mix with tattoo ink and have a generic image of a cat in Celtic knotwork. The rest were waiting for a sunny afternoon when family and neighbours come round, he was a popular guy when not nursing me! And we are going to take it in turns to spread his ashes around his favourite spots in our little neighbourhood. I miss him so much our lives were so intertwined, in fact I think I was his human slave but what a bargain I got! Wild woolly Wilson irreplaceable and never forgotten. I feel him here watching too. Than you.
  • fluffycat
    @Padraig

RIP, Bless Wilson.

I had my Cat PTS late 2020 (nearly 2 decades old!) 
    They all have their individuality.

Have a kitty now for new adventures. 
  • Padraig
    Padraig Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Thank you so much, still early days and don’t want to rush in just go through loss and grieving process, but one day, who knows. I went to a petting farm with the kids and this baby donkey came straight up to me and stayed there until leaving time. I could tell by my wife’s looks that the’ but he choose me ‘ line wasn’t going to work and we live in a small house and garden. I did get something in my eye on leaving bit of straw proberly!?

so glad you have new companion! Have you decided on name?

Brightness