Hi everyone I'm new! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone I'm new!

JohnHarrispn
JohnHarrispn Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everybody happy to join you and hope you're all happy with me my disability involves arthritis which sometimes makes it difficult to type so I use voice activation which is far from perfect and produces some real howlers so I just hope that people regarded as that I'm not the offended because some words are a little bit errrrrr unexpected

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JohnHarrispn and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing today?

It's great that the voice activation helps you access online spaces and we love a typo or unexpected word so never fear  :D I can only imagine some of the howlers it's come up with in the past!

If you have any questions that our members can help you with, please let us know.  Otherwise, make yourself at home and have a browse of our different categories or even our virtual coffee lounge, where we like to chew the fat over anything and everything.  

I've also bobbed you a little email if you want to give that a read and get back to me, and also tweaked your subject title to remove your full name details :)  

Take care and hopefully speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @JohnHarrispn hello John and welcome to scope, great that you have joined us and hope to see you around the forum, how are you doing today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome from me too 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions Hope to see you around 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Hello @JohnHarrispn :) Very mice to meet you and welcome to the community!

How are you doing today? Have you had chance to look around yet? As you can see, we're a friendly bunch and I'm sure that your howlers will be met with humour and in good spirit. But thanks for the heads-up anyway!

Enjoy exploring and just give us a shout if you would like any help navigating the forum. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JohnHarrison - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Your voice activation is behaving perfectly today, perhaps you'll get it to talk to my phone, as I often text my children some 'howlers.' I look forward to seeing you join in with the community, & thank you for joining. :)

Brightness