Sent my pip form 5 weeks go. I might need F2F assessment, but they haven't been in touch — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sent my pip form 5 weeks go. I might need F2F assessment, but they haven't been in touch

Emma1968
Emma1968 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Got standard  pip  saying  might need f2f  if so be  in touch  bir now its 5 weeks  no letter or text  saying  about  f2f  call  

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Emma1968 like most things it's taking longer than it should. At least you know they got the forms, is this a renewal or a new application?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It can be few months waiting for assessment so all you can do is wait some peopke are still waiting from nov/Dec last year 
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Emma1968 said:
    Got standard  pip  saying  might need f2f  if so be  in touch  bir now its 5 weeks  no letter or text  saying  about  f2f  call  
    I waited 6 months for my assessment last year after sending off my form so you might be in for a bit of a wait. Sit tight and you'll get a letter inviting you to an assessment if they can't do a paper based assessment.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    laurapeach said: it tight and you'll get a letter inviting you to an assessment if they can't do a paper based assessment.
    Or a phone call.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Emma1968
    When you ring pip says  you hear in 8 weeks. I'm on 5 weeks with no letter  or text  for. My assesments  yet  but my friend mum tired attandance  letter  saying 
     Week after they  got. Form. Saying. She can't get it  that was end of march so  wounding if mine come. Back as. Yes. Because.  Coming up to their deadline.  Soon 
  • laurapeach
    Emma1968 said:
    When you ring pip says  you hear in 8 weeks. I'm on 5 weeks with no letter  or text  for. My assesments  yet  but my friend mum tired attandance  letter  saying 
     Week after they  got. Form. Saying. She can't get it  that was end of march so  wounding if mine come. Back as. Yes. Because.  Coming up to their deadline.  Soon 
    The 8 weeks is a rough guideline, like I said I waited 24 weeks just for an assessment and from what I've seen they're still taking a really long time just to get assessment appointments out. It entirely depends on where in the UK you are as well as some places are quicker than others.

Unless they've told you they have everything they need to make a decision then they won't have made one yet. Normally you would get a text or letter if they were doing a paper based assessment. 
    Mum of one little girl.

• Emma1968
    We  my pip form.as  my medical  details  and  letter from gp  and statement  from my husband  they  had ot 6 weeks on tuesday  but word  about f2f  yet  says 8  weeks  not sure if that's 8  weeks  for descion  if it's no why took so long to tell me that 
  • Emma1968
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip telephone consultation times.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Emma1968 :) I've merged your comment on the other discussion with this thread that you made, as they appear to be about the same topic. 

Have you taken a look at the comments above? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • laurapeach
    Emma1968 said:
    We  my pip form.as  my medical  details  and  letter from gp  and statement  from my husband  they  had ot 6 weeks on tuesday  but word  about f2f  yet  says 8  weeks  not sure if that's 8  weeks  for descion  if it's no why took so long to tell me that 
    It won't be 8 weeks for the decision the majority of the time, like we've all said previously it can take months to even get an assessment. I would ignore the 8 weeks and just sit tight and wait to hear from them. 
    Mum of one little girl.

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine was 12 weeks before phone assessment which lasted 40 minutes. It was for a change of circumstances and I was awarded the same as before, but did an in-depth 10 A4 page MR and my new award was enhanced.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.