Occupational Health reports — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Occupational Health reports

rico75
rico75 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Does anybody know what should and what should not be on a OH report?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I have seen lots in my time and they vary a lot 

Your question is very generic if you give more detail we may be able to help 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ rico75, The OT will inspect your living space and access you and your abilities and needs in relation to your visible assessment on the visit. The OT will observe your mobility, the number of stairs you have steps into and around your home and access to and out of your property. The OT will ask you questions about how you cope manage different activities and produce a report and inform you of any help that will be provided. It may be grab handles at the front and rear doors, a hand rail from your house to the pavement outside, a frame to help you get off the toilet, bath board shower wall grips ect.
  • janer1967
    @wilko the poster asked about oh not ot 

So I presume they mean occupational health relating to their work rather than  occupational therapist relating to their living needs 

But as I asked more info is needed to give more advice 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rico75 - & welcome to the community. If you can answer Jane's question above, she will be able to advise you more. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rico75

Welcome to the community, I hope you're well.

It's great to see that you've already received a few replies, I'm sure that your question will be answered once you respond to any questions asked above :) 

Again, welcome!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @rico75, ySorry for earlier post I thought OTNot OH, the OH will
     view your health conditions concerns submitted by yourself and look at your working environment,  and conditions. The OH should then offer with input from yourself ways to improve your working conditions in relation to your health needs and conditions. They may advise different seating or lighting additional breaks. Not knowing your work situation and medical conditions implications on your working life I can only make a guess.
  • rico75
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

I have seen lots in my time and they vary a lot 

Your question is very generic if you give more detail we may be able to help 

• rico75
    I always considered a OH report to be between employer and employee.
    However they OH nurse who was the same for all appointments has taken it upon herself to comment upon my wife's health when we discussed reasons for only being available to work nights.
    As I'm taken the dismissal further this year due to my health I cannot understand the relevance of my wife's information to be added to the report.
    I feel in some way at a disadvantage and that my dismissal to be " tainted with discrimination".
    Hope this puts a little more clarity into reason for asking the group.
    Hope you all well!
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

If you gave your wife's health as one of the reasons for specific working arrangements they will include this as a reason but shouldn't really go into any detail about her just general mention which may include what conditions she has t put some context to it 

You could also see this as a positive giving background to inform employer of why you have to work certain shifts and that it isn't just a request for no reason 
  • rico75
    Many thanks for your reply janer.

Brightness