Industrial Injuries Benifit. Will it cease? If so, when? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial Injuries Benifit. Will it cease? If so, when?

Options
Carder
Carder Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am in receipt of Industrial Injury Benefit and would like to know if or when it will cease? I will be 65 this year and will still continuing to work after I receive my state pension. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Carder and a warm welcome to our online community.

Industrial Injuries Benefit can either be paid for a fixed period or for life - please see this Turn 2 Us webpage for more details.

It might be a long shot as I know what my home filing system is like, but do you still have the original award letter? If so that should state the award length.

Please let me know, and if not we'll do some more thinking :) 

Just to add, I've moved this thread to our 'What benefits am I entitled to?' category so people are more inclined to spot it and offer advice.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Carder

Welcome along. How are you doing today? 

I can see that Cher_Scope has been in touch about your original post. Have you had chance to follow up on that yet? And did you manage to track down your award letter? Fingers crossed that's the case, and you've been able to answer your own question.

Anyway, good to meet you. All the best and do let us know how you get on. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Carder
    Carder Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your messages. I have found the original award letter and the award is for life. Thank you again.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Phew! That's good to hear @Carder. :)

What a relief that must have been when you found the letter. I know exactly what it feels like when something like that happens and you can't lay your hands on the document you're looking for!

Anyway, glad you got it sorted. Hope that we'll still see you around on the community in the future. All the best. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.