Pip review form. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review form.

2»

Comments

• miricleman0718
    miricleman0718 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi all 
    finally Got my PIP assessment date I got a text this morning for a telephone consultation on the 28th of May which is about time but I know they've been one of their feet and probably busy as hell.  I am nervous to say the least and I will have my sister present with me to assist me in any way she can, if anybody's got any help and advice that would be much appreciated because as you know these people are hard to deal with. Thanks John 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @miricleman0718

Make sure you have a copy of your form and go through it before . Have ready real examples of when you tried to do the task where we're you,  who was with you any aids or support,  if you can't do the radk why not , can you do it safely reliably and repeatedly , are there any consequences eg accident , injury , pain , fatigue etc 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @miricleman0718 :) Janer1967 has given some good advice above, so definitely do give it a read. Also remember that you can ask them to repeat a question if you didn't understand or hear it the first time around.

You might like to refresh yourself on the PIP descriptors, and what terms like 'reliably' mean in this context too. You can do so by reading this page on the Benefits and Work website.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • miricleman0718
    Thanks gonna need help I can get my sister will be sitting in with, but still anxious about it this Friday.  Also I don't whether to mention the fact that I'm trying to source a mobility scooter out because I can't walk anywhere or do anything, whether if with go against me or for me. ??‍♂️ 
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

You don't need to mention the scooter as it doesn't come under the descriptors 

They are concerned with if you are able to walk or not and also only your current situation 

You don't have a scooter at present so not relevant 

If you use one at time of assessment then you could mention it if they ask how you get out it wouldn't go against you as it is an aid 

Lots of 0eople get a scooter if they are awarded enhanced mobility From the motability scheme 
  • miricleman0718
    Well I had my PIP telephone assessment today and had my sister present as back up, things went alright well she said it did anyway I did get emotional on certain questions They asked, But some of the questions she asked were just ridiculous, I don't know what they expect you to be like I think they must want you to be a total cabbage and not being out to do anything to get the help you need and entitled to, has anybody else had that experience And felt like that.
    But all over and done with now it's just awaiting game to see what Happens. ????
  • miricleman0718
    Hi, 
    Well I have got my pip Review award letter today and despite me telling all the problems I have and struggle with both mentally and physically they have still placed by on the low rate until 2024.  
    Their points system is total bull and irrelevant as what I struggle with day to day mirrored with their system of points doesn't Correspond and is flawed you have to be absolute cabbage  in a wheelchair to get enhanced and yet on paper all the stuff i deal with day-to-day and struggle with day-to-day my mobility, both mentally and physically they just don't see that and it's so wrong. 

Question is now do I appeal this or can I appeal this or just leave it as is and not risk it at all. ??‍♂️???

john
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Question is now do I appeal this or can I appeal this or just leave it as is and not risk it at all. 
    If you wish you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration and after that, if necessary, appeal to the tribunal service.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • miricleman0718
    Hi mate, how do you go about doing this, do I ring them up or right it down with help. 

John
  • miricleman0718

Strike that I've read you can phone them. 
  • calcotti
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • miricleman0718
    So me again for bit of advice.  I had my pip award today and they kept my claim the same Standard not enhanced, 
    but the form is identical to my original claim in 2019 when I first applied for it.  All what was said about my physical and mental problems in the telephone assessment are not on it's just the same as my original claim points wise.

What I wanted to ask Is if I ask for a mandatory reconsideration Because I don't agree with the decision on what they've marked me down with their points it's wrong to say the least. What if they Say they stand by there decision what could happen.?? 

thanks John 
  • janer1967
    Hi 

If you do mr then the claim is looked at by a different case manager 

The outcome could be no change to original decision,  a higher award or even a lower award 
  • calcotti
    miricleman0718 said: What I wanted to ask Is if I ask for a mandatory reconsideration Because I don't agree with the decision on what they've marked me down with their points it's wrong to say the least. What if they Say they stand by there decision what could happen.?? 
    Then you can appeal to the tribunal service and a tribunal panel will, after a hearing, make a decision in place of DWP.
  • miricleman0718
    So I had my review by phone with some woman from pip dwp, I literally gave it my all with my sister present.  We went through everything what I'm unable to do because of my disability from my accident and I was awarded until 2024 but not enhanced god knows why think you have literally unable to do anything to get what you are entitled to, but I didn't want to risk appealing in case I lost.. ????‍♂️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.