Do you have to sign-on at the Job Centre to claim Carer's Allowance? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you have to sign-on at the Job Centre to claim Carer's Allowance?

Options
shell12
shell12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi there can u tell me if u calms carers allowoce do u still have to sign on at job center ?
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You do not have to ‘sign on’ for Carer’s Allowance. Other interaction with the JobCentre will depend on what other benefits you are claiming. 

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • shell12
    shell12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I mean look for work
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    You do not have to look for work as part of claiming Carer’s Allowance.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @shell12 :)

Does that all make sense? Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post slightly to make it clearer what your question was. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.