Coronation street — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coronation street

Options
Fourpence
Fourpence Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Morning all, did you watch last night's corrie? I think It was one of the best acted and written of their long history. It's so sad when you see a TV show, bringing a very real problem to life. This is what we have become. I'm sure like all of you have been abused because of a disability we have. Unfortunately kids learn from their elders and if encouraged to behave badly with no fear of punishment, they grow into the thugs we come up against. I also think that acceptable behaviour is taught in the home by parents, along with other family members and continue at school.
Well done corrie for being brave enough to tackle this too often violence. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I watched it really heartbreaking to see and more so that it is the reality of what happens out there to some people just because they express their individuality

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It has deeply affected me Wednesday's episodes were horrible it wasn't so much what you saw it was when the attack was described this is based on true life story the girl died though and not the boyfriend the mother of the girl helped coronation Street to do the story line 
  • Fourpence
    Options
    Unfortunately these things happen more and more now. I wish people would  be more kinder, if you don't like someone, how they look, what they wear or opinion just leave them alone the world is big enough for us all
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    @Fourpence That's a lovely sentiment. :) Yes, I wish people could find it in themselves to be kinder sometimes. 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Will people ever accept that people are different and not all the same  if we were all the same it would be boring in Swansea you swansea you see all different types of people the one thing that I cant understand is why do people attack homeless people there have been a few cases pre covid  where homeless people have been raped attacked and killed and picked on 
  • Fourpence
    Options
    I agree that now a days  it's 'normal' to be nasty to others. They used  to say it takes a village to raise a child, then children grew up being kind to each others then became decent human beings. I've just had a wonderful grandson and he is wonderful but the future  he will grow in is so scary. 

Brightness