Stuck with me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Stuck with me

mariequirk
mariequirk Community member Posts: 38 Connected
My mental health literally drives me potty. Sometimes I think it’s me then I blame a certain person who I deeply resent. 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mariequirk have you spoke to some one about how you feel?  Are you getting any support for your mental health? From your gp or a CPN. I've a link you might find an interesting read below. It has lots of advice.
    https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/getting-help
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Hello @mariequirk How are you doing today?

I'm sorry things aren't too good with your mental health still :(  I know we've previously suggested speaking with your GP some more about it, how do you feel about that?  Have you had any recent contact with them?

One other option would be referring yourself to your local Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) team.  You can do this online via this NHS link and once done, you'd receive a phone call from someone who would be able to assess your situation and inform you what support options were open to you.  These might include:
    • talking therapies, such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), counselling, other therapies, and guided self-help
    Our online community is around 24/7 too if you ever want to chat with virtual friends.  I hope you have a lovely week and you know where we are if you need us.  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness