Hi, my name is Naz_Shad! 20 years old and looking for work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Naz_Shad! 20 years old and looking for work

Options
Naz_Shad
Naz_Shad Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in Work and employment
Hey!! New here :smile: 20 years old, looking for work and finding it a real struggle.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the community 

Do you get any support from the job centre for your work search 

It isn't the best time tbh to look with all those who no doubt have more experience and have lost their jobs 

We have a job support programme you may find helpful it is in the employment section 

Good luck with your search 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Naz_Shad and welcome to the community, how are you?

I can empathise with you about the difficulty of finding work, especially at such a young age. What sort of work would you like to do? 

Have you considered Scope's Support to Work scheme? You can read a bit more about that here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @naz_shad :) I can see that Ross has already pointed you towards our Support to Work service. You may also like to check out our Career Pathways service, which is especially designed for young people aged 16-25. 

Please do let us know a little more about the kind of work you're interested in getting into, and what kind of barriers you're facing at the moment. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Katharine_Alumni
    Katharine_Alumni Community member, Scope Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    Hi there @Naz_Shad and welcome!

As @Tori_Scope has said, Career Pathways is specifically designed for young people aged 16 - 25 and I am one of the Careers Advisers. We offer an initial session then up to three sessions of up to an hour each over a 6 month period and we can help in terms of discussing the sort of work you would like, developing answers to interview questions, job searches and applications and/or anything else related to employment and careers. As you are 22, there may also be an opportunity to be matched with a volunteer mentor from our funder, Deloitte, who can provide additional support on these issues too for a minimum of 3 months although there is currently a waiting list for this. If you are interested in finding out more, Tori has provided the link above and you can read through the page and make a referral via the online form.
    Do let me know if there is anything I can help with here too :)

Best wishes
    Katharine
    Katharine McKnight
    Careers Adviser, Career Pathways
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope has a job support which is realy good I was doing that and now have a job I like doing 

Brightness