SAS who dares wins — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SAS who dares wins

Options
janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Hi all 

Just wondered if any if you watch this and your thougjt 

I watch it and the celebrity version too but I'm not sure what I make of it.  Sometimes it seems like they are set up to fail and some old torture style tactics 

On the other side I get how they need to test the skills and how they would cope in these situations.  

Also the participants must know what they are letting themselves in for 

The team seem supportive at times but I don't like how they cover their heads when they go to be interrogated

All this is just my opinion and would be interested to hear others 

The new series started last week ch4 9pm on Sundays 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never watched it I don't think, but I do see it advertised a lot. Maybe I should give it a go. Thanks for the heads up about the new series!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,617 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've watched previous series but can't deal with confrontation at the moment so haven't watched this one.

Some of it seems overly harsh just for the sake of it.  But as you say, people have signed up to it so they must know what they're in for!  It's not something I could ever do myself...  I had a horrible week at an 'adventure camp' at the end of primary school, realising just how afraid of everything I was, claustrophobic in caving, acrophobic in abseiling, hydrophobic in capsizing...the list goes on!  :D
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious

I agree something I could never do even if I was physically able to do 

I'm sure it is exaggerated for the viewing ratings 

Brightness