Hi, my name is Steve55 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Steve55

merlinevets
merlinevets Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I was diagnosed with right side, uni-lateral diaphragm palsy following an operation on my right shoulder for calcific tendonitis at Chesterfield Royal hospital in March 2017 and I'm still trying to find out why this happened. Moreover, I am now classed as disabled and struggling with the activities that I used to find easy prior to the operation. I have joined this forum to find similar people and a way to learn how to cope with life with this condition.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Sorry to hear about your disability and coming to terms with it.  It is hard and takes time   we are here to support each other 

Feel free to have a look round join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @merlinevets - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read you have unilateral diaphragmatic palsy following surgery, & perhaps you should discuss this with your GP, who should be able to explain.
    Anyway, thank you very much for joining, & I hope you find this a very friendly & supportive group. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @merlinevets :) Thanks for sharing your experience with us. As Janer1967 has said, we have many members who are learning how to adapt to a different way of life. 

Are there any activities specifically that you find particularly difficult? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @merlinevets and a welcome to scope from me as well 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness