Hi, my name is kellymag1! I want to do a benefit calculator — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kellymag1! I want to do a benefit calculator

kellymag1
kellymag1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I want to find out how much as a I am entitled to

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

There is a benefits calculator on herd in the what benefits am I entitled to section
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have done the benefit calculator myself but it didn't make sense I did what I am supposed  to do but it was saying I would still get 800 off universal credit 

My wages are 637.00 a month and I am on limited capability to work and I get enhanced pip and enhanced care 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    I have done the benefit calculator myself but it didn't make sense I did what I am supposed  to do but it was saying I would still get 800 off universal credit 

My wages are 637.00 a month and I am on limited capability to work and I get enhanced pip and enhanced care 
    If your wages are £637/month the first £293 are ignored so the earnings deduction is only £216.72. If you are single with LCWRA your maximum UC entitlement is £755.14/month plus the housing element. UC of £800/month on your wage actually suggests your rent is quite low if you are getting LCWRA.
    If you are only LCW so not getting LCWRA element Uc could still be £800/month depending on your eligible rent.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    kellymag1 said:
    I want to find out how much as a I am entitled to
    https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/calculate-your-benefits

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Welcome to the community @kellymag1 :) I can see that calcotti has linked you to a benefits calculator above. It's important to remember that they only indicate what you might be entitled to, but many people do find them a helpful way of seeing what they might be able to claim. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our 'what benefits am I entitled to?' category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    My rent is 550 a month but universal  credit pay 450 00  so the amounts you have said  is that before or after my rent 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Without my wages I get 1200 a month from universal credit they pay 450 .00  to my landlord  and I get the rest roughly 722.00 a month  in my bank 

So if its 800.00  then 450.00 would go to my landlord and I would get 350.00 a month in my bank if the amount is correct 
  • calcotti
    Without my wages I get 1200 a month from universal credit they pay 450 .00  to my landlord  and I get the rest roughly 722.00 a month  
    If your housing element is £450 your maximum UC with LCWRA is £1205.14. If they pay £450 direct to your landlord you should be receiving £755.14 if you had no earnings and there are no other deductions.

When you have earnings of £637 your UC is reduced by £216.72 leaving £988.42. If UC pay £450 to your landlord you would still receive £538.42.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thank you  thats made me feel better the benefits calculator  stressed me out I didn't want to be worse off working and I realy like my job 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Hopefully you will feel more at ease Lisa when you get your UC payments and you see your still getting what you expected. 
  • Lisatho11987777

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.