Hi, my name is Kate. Support/chat early diagnosis autism my son aged 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kate. Support/chat early diagnosis autism my son aged 3

Options
kjdudman
kjdudman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi all

Im looking to connect with any parents or groups. My son has not long turned 3 and we had an appointment just where the paediatrician thinks he may have autistic traits. She said she thinks he will “probably” it will in 6 months when she sees him again but seemed reluctant to diagnose at the moment. He is receiving extra support at nursery. 

We are struggling in all sorts of way and would be grateful to discuss.

it’s been around 8 months since some things were first flagged at nursery to us.

It would be good to chat/connect 

Thanks

Kate  

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hj and welcome to the community 

You might want to look in our parents and carers section and also in the autism section 

We are here to offer any support  we can 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kjdudman and a warm welcome to our online community.

It's good to see that you've been responding to other threads in our Autism and Aspergers category and I'm sorry to hear things are a bit of a struggle at the minute.  

Scope have a free service called Navigate that helps parents/caregivers whose children are on the pathway to a diagnosis, so this might be something helpful?  The team are really lovely and can provide six one to one sessions to help with:
    • organising your thoughts and feelings
    • practical advice and suggestions
    • coping strategies and insights
    • taking positive actions and helping you with emotional wellbeing
    If this sounds like something you're interested in then visit the link above to apply online :)

I'm sure you will already be aware but the National Autistic Society is another fab organisation who could provide support and you can visit their Autism Services Directory to find services/groups close to where you live.

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our 'Autism and Aspergers' category which you can browse to read others stories.  If you have any other questions please let us know and in the mean-time have a great rest of the weekend with your family :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • kjdudman
    kjdudman Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    @Cher_Scope and @janer1967

Hi Both,

Thanks for responding so quickly☺️. I’ve applied for the Navigate service and fingers crossed we are accepted as I think that it will really help.  

I’ve found lots of the chat forums that are helpful and on the scope website.

I’ve also read Alice boardmans book toast, which was very helpful.

I look forward to chatting with others on this forum.

Thanks 

Kate x

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's great to hear you've applied for Navigate @kjdudman :) We look forward to seeing you around! Please do feel free to get involved with any discussions that catch your eye.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness