Hi my name is Tracy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Tracy

Options
Tb2830
Tb2830 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi everyone 
I thought I would introduce myself ? I’m 48 nearly and mum to 4 grown up children. Over the past 8 years I’ve been diagnosed with many health conditions including fibromyalgia, functional neurological disorder, arthritis, osteoarthritis in right knee. My health has really deteriorated over the past 18 months and I now feel like I’m 90 years old. I’ve gone from being a confident outgoing person to literally stopping at home unless I have hospital appointments. 
Tracy 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community and telling us about yourself 

Sorry you have been through so much 

It is hard to try and motivate yourself sometimes 

Do you get any support from your children at all 

We are around to support you where we can 
  • Tb2830
    Tb2830 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    yes my children are really good ? it’s just such a shock to the system not being able to do things that I use to be able to do ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know and can empathise becoming disabled is like dealing with a loss and your emotions go through different stages like anger , not accepting , feeling lost 

You will get through it and come to terms with it and  learn to live your life just in 
    different ways 

Keep strong and look after yourself 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tb2830 and thanks so much for introducing yourself, it's great to meet you :)

Sorry to hear about the diagnoses you've had over the last 8 years.  It does take time to adjust and get used to living with impairments but support is there to help you, I promise  <3  Have you got a good hospital team looking after you?  Also, are you able to manage little walks to get some fresh air?

You might find our Invisible impairments and Physical impairments and mobility issues useful to read, as other members have shared their stories which I'm sure you'll be able to resonate with.  Also, it'd be fab to see you about our community more, so don't be afraid to join in any conversations you like.

Take care and if you ever have any questions, just give us a shout.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tb2830 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining & saying a little about yourself. :)

Brightness