How long for pip response — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for pip response

Options
RoxyC
RoxyC Community member Posts: 40 Connected
Hello all, 

Just looking for advice on pip. I sent my pip2 form back on the 6th of may. My mum rang pip this morning ( 24th of may) they still havent uploaded my forms on to the system. I applied for the first time on the 18th of February. Can anyone advise on how long you waited for a response that they had received your pip2 form and supporting evidence please? 

Thank you. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

There are huge backlogs that is why they have extended return of forms to 3 months 

All you can do is wait unfortunately 
  • RoxyC
    Options
    Thank you for your response. 

It's really frustrating isnt it? I did actually wonder why they had given me a date in june to return the pip2 form. I thought it must have been an error. I am just a bit concerned that after almost 3 weeks my forms and evidence havent even been uploaded. I dont mind waiting for the assessment. I just have no idea if they have even received my paperwork. 
  • janer1967
    Options
    If you gave them a mobile number they sometimes text to say they have recieved them 

Mine took 3 weeks to scan on and that was before the backlogs 
  • RoxyC
    Options
    Yh I have put my mobile number on. 

That's reassuring that you didnt hear for three weeks before all this. I'm new to this process so I'm unsure of it all. Perhaps I just need to be more patient. 

How did you find the whole process? 
  • janer1967
    Options
    They estimate around 6 months for the whole process but some are quicker some longer

Don't expect anything fast people on here applied in dec and still waiting for assessments but othersapplued later and had a decision 

The process can be stressful but my experience was OK got awarded first time and had a review which got higher award 

Try not to read all the horror stories as people who are successful rarely come on forums to say that it is the ones who have issues that report on forums 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • RoxyC
    Options
    Thank you. 

Yh I new it would be a long process. I was just so worried that nearly 3 weeks and the forms wasnt uploaded yet. I've never applied for any benefits before. I'm suffering from a form of long covid. I work in the healthcare sector and caught covid at work during a major outbreak over the december period. There doesn't seem to be much advice about the points they award for the aids you use either.it seems very hush hush. 

Hopefully they will upload it soon and it's another part I've got through. 

Thank you for your advice. 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    Another factor it seems is location and which office is dealing with your claim. I applied at the beginning of December last year and had my phone assessment at the end of May this year. Still awaiting a decision which they now say can be 8 weeks plus! So my claim is looking at around 8 months not including if I have to do a MR etc which will take it into 1-2 years! 

I’m in the north east of England but I have spoke to others down country who applied after me and have their awards already! Seems like a lottery tbh. You could try wringing to your MP about the shambles that PIP seems to have turned into! 

But good luck with your claim and if you need any help or advice they are a friendly lot in here 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.