PIP decision timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision timescale

Options
george9071
george9071 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

Sorry for bothering everyone, i do understand you can't possible put an exact time on PIP because it varies. This is my first time applying for PIP and have read the assessors report, if they go with it i will be awarded enhanced mobility and standard care. Anyway i just wanted to know other peoples experiences on timescale from the assessment to the award.

Regards,
george9071

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome The estimate is 8 weeks from assessment 

Hope you get what you are expecting 
  • closeencounter
    closeencounter Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    You usually get the money in the bank before you get the award letter, to be honest i can really remember the timescale but it was a nervous time, if i remember right for me it moved quite quick after the assessment.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @george9071 - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. The decision maker usually goes with the assessor's report, so hopefully all will be well. :) As Jane says, the average wait is 8 weeks, but hopefully you'll hear sooner.
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    It’s up to 8 weeks of nerve jangling sleepless nights hanging on a cliff edge waiting for either back money in your account following an award letter or a rejection letter. Good luck 
  • bart70
    Options
    I was going to wait till I get to the 4 week mark and then give them a quick ring. But they do say it can take up to 8 weeks. That’s fine as I have 10 nails on my fingers one for each week and 2 back ups ?
  • ambo37
    ambo37 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Have you had your pip decision yet
  • bart70
    Options
    @ambo37 yes, I got my award letter today but I did get a phone call last week to confirm my bank details, so I got told on the phone.. finally lol got it for longer than I expected too but they pretty much went with the assessment. 
  • ambo37
    Options
    Oh well done @bart70 had my assessment yesterday so waiting game now
  • bart70
    Options
    When you get the text telling you they have received your report, ring pip and ask for a copy. It will give you a good indication as to how they will go. They awarded the points in my report but awarded it for longer than the recommendation. Good luck babe let us know how you got on 
  • ambo37
    Options
    I will do @bart70 not holding much hope but my mum used to say expect the worse hope for the best 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.