SDP update mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP update mandatory reconsideration

mickfrankie
mickfrankie Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi,
Long story short I was awarded SDP on the 3rd May this year. I got a back payment this month from when I filled in the forms over the phone so period between 03/04/2021-03/05/2021 when I was actually entitled too it from the 19/10/2020 so I made a mandatory reconsideration of the back payment. Today I received the following text. 

"You told us about a query in regards to your SDP entitlement and your ESA payment has changed to about £197.00 from 19/10/2020. If you get any other benefits you must also report this change to them."

Does this mean that I have been awarded it? 

Thank you!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I'm not too sure but 8f this amount they quote includes your sdp then yes looks like they are backdating 
  • mickfrankie
    mickfrankie Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

I'm not too sure but 8f this amount they quote includes your sdp then yes looks like they are backdating 
    Hi Jane thanks for your quick reply. Yes that's now roughly my new weekly amount. I was just unsure due too them not really clearly stating weather they are backdating too then. I would phone them too get more depth answer but last time I was on hold for well over a hour. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It may be best to wait a week or so and see if you get the backpay 

Best time to call is when they just open 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    mickfrankie said: "You told us about a query in regards to your SDP entitlement and your ESA payment has changed to about £197.00 from 19/10/2020. If you get any other benefits you must also report this change to them."
    That looks as if it is confirming full backdate. You should see an arrears payments, watch your bank account.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    I’m on Esa with SDP and that amount is the same as my weekly seems so 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.