How long does it take for MR decisions to be made? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take for MR decisions to be made?

natasha1776
natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Dose anyone know the current wait time for them to re assess for a MR? I’ve been waiting since jan when I started the claim and I just wondered how much longer the MR time scale is at the moment. Thank you. 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hi sorry just wondering if you mean you started the MR in January? Or that's when you originally claimed? :-) 
  • natasha1776
    natasha1776 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Sorry I should have explained better part of my condition. I started my full case in jan, I got refused 2 weeks ago and done my MR yesterday so wondered what time time scale is now of waiting for a 2nd dessision xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Hi @natasha1776

It fluctuates, but can take between 1-3 months for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) decision to be made.  Scroll down to section 8 of the PIP statistics to January 2021 to see MR clearance time comparisons from April 20 to Jan 21.  

I hope you aren't waiting too long and will have my fingers crossed for you.  Good luck and please let us know how you get on :) 

Just to add: I've tweaked the title of your thread so others who might have a similar question can spot it!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Emilyb81
    Okey dokey just checking before I say wrong thing lol I haven't been here very long but I will share my experience don't know how helpful it is because not even sure if it's all dealt with in same place? Or if different areas of UK are different office? Anyhoo I sent my pip MR off on March 15th they said they received it on 26th? And can take up to 10 weeks after they received it to be sorted out? She said covid has caused backlog :-( so it does take a while? I wish if they are going to say no they would just get on with it so I can start the tribunal process? Good luck hun xx
  • Emilyb81
    I think some cases are dealt with quicker than others depending on circumstances? I guess it depends how deep they need to check things out? Xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The time it takes is down to workload of case manager assigned to look at it and how much evidence there is to look at as well 

Also down to detail claimant has provided 
  • Emilyb81

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.