How to live with chronic pain - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to live with chronic pain

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds because it doesn't say dependent on the warnings it says addictive 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lots of information online and on the medical journal 
  • Lisatho11987777
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    On the warnings for which @lisathomas50 ? - ah, I see it's Co-codamol, which contains codeine, an opioid.Those that are taking prescribed meds should not be at risk of addiction. I think we all know that long term prescription of opioids becomes ineffective. Personally I weaned myself very gradually from having Fentanyl patches with consequently no withdrawal symptoms, & I'd been on them for years, but felt they weren't helping, so I couldn't have been addicted to them.
    As has been mentioned before, one person's experience matters little, but do you have a resource to back up your claims about painkillers other than people buying over the counter meds containing codeine?
    Hmmmm.....thought you'd mentioned you had been a pharmacy assistant, didn't know you'd been an advisor.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds All I have to say is maybe you should do some research about prescription medication and addiction  its been a long standing problem for many years 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts here everyone. As ever, I'd just like to issue a friendly reminder to be careful about straying into the territory of medical advice, and to ensure that you back up any claims you make wherever possible. 

Of course, everyone's experience will be different and that will include when it comes to medication, it's always best to speak with your GP or other health professional if you are unsure over anything.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness