What song has been stuck in your head lately? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What song has been stuck in your head lately?

2»

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Simply Red - Something Got me Started
  • coylygirl
    coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    I find myself humming various tunes on my daily walks, no idea where they come from and it takes me a while to realise I'm humming.  But the tune that has been stuck in my head for the past 2 days is the theme tune to 'Murder She Wrote'.  Now that's an annoying earworm
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    I’ll tell you one song I definitely can’t remember a note to,

the winning eurovison song! Not one single power chord has registered with me at all!

nil point, my **** (excuse my French)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sofia_goncalves
    Sofia_goncalves Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    for me its good for you. At this point Olivia Rodrigo's voce lives rent free in my head 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm guessing you weren't a fan then @leeCal? :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Tori_Scope
    I only know 'drivers license' by Olivia Rodrigo @sofia_goncalves, but I agree that she has a nice voice. I'll have to give that one a listen. 

• Androidy
    Androidy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    People at universities study this, and get paid for their efforts. Top tips:

An earworm will usually disappear by itself, but a few techniques have been found to help.
    1. Listen to the tune all the way through. Since earworms are usually only a fragment of music, playing the tune all the way through can help break the loop.
    2. Replace it with another piece of music.
    3. Chew gum!
    My last earworm I still think of as the 'Holy Moly macaroni where's your cheese? song. Just writing that makes me shudder.

As I get older and more certain of who I am - an advantage of age - talking to myself is also common. To that I can add singing to myself loudly and bravely on the streets, which I can cover, and in shops. There is no hiding a chorus of Holy Moly macaroni in a charity book shop.
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Now this is weird seeing this question as I have been asking myself why I find myself singing or humming a song for days on end!  As I have no memory of hearing it any time recently! I do wonder why that happens? If it means something? 
      The song stuck in my head for the last 3 days is ace of bass? Base? All that she wants is another baby? I also have  days where I have the salty  balls song from chef -(South Park) in my head? And then other cheesy random songs aqua barbie girl for example I mean the list goes on and on but I'm already embarrassed!
    There is basically always a (Removed, profanity) song stuck in my head and I can rarely figure out where it came from? It's hardly ever songs I would choose to listen to (honest)! I'm always being asked why on earth I'm singing something as it slips out in front of neighbours or family? Maybe I should mention these things when I have my medication review lol
    I am glad I'm not the only one walking around with a jukebox in her head though even if it is confusing why it happens! 
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Hello Tori_Scope

Yesterday the song got stuck in my head was "Barking" by Ramz & Stereo Luchs. 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Fields of Gold

by Eva Cassidy
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Having seen him at a festival over the weekend, Recovery by Frank Turner is quite prominent in my head at the minute
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    I've made this thread into a playlist :) 

Brightness