How do I move on from a major trauma — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I move on from a major trauma

MrFooseball20
MrFooseball20 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Awhile ago whilst travelling home I was involved in a major incident where someone subsequently lost their life, I subsequently witnessed and was involved in the incident, immediately after the incident I returned to work, does anyone have any advice

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MrFooseball20 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read that you were involved in an incident where someone lost their life; that certainly must have been traumatic. If, as you seem to say, this has badly affected you, I would suggest talking to your GP about how it has left you feeling. There's also some info in the following link which may/may not have some relevance for you. Please see: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/trauma/effects-of-trauma/
    Your GP is the best person to talk to & see what they advise, but, may I also say, if we can support you in any way we will try. So, it's always OK to talk here too.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

I can understand your trauma ar witnessing this and agree with advice given your gp can help and refer you to the right place for help 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Helolo @MrFooseball20

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you witnessed something like that, it must have been awful to experience. The link provided above to the Mind website is a good one, and I'll also echo the thoughts from above that your GP is the best place to start. Have you spoken with them at all?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness