Anyone Who Has Arthritis.. some Advice Please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone Who Has Arthritis.. some Advice Please?

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
Hi Folks

For years I have been getting only occasionally  bouts of Gout. It is the worst pain I have ever endured. 
As I am getting older I struggle to get out of bed. Bend over to pick something up. 
My muscles ache constantly. 
This never used to happen. 
I feel like I have got constant cramp, albeit mild.
Is this the start of Arthritis setting in my body?
I have got an appointment for a blood test to check UA levels in a few weeks. I am also booking a telephone appointment to get the results.

The aches and pains, the cramp feeling. 
Is this related to any Arthritis Pain?

Thank you

Comments

• Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, I am no expert, but your symptoms do sound familiar.  I have CP and Arthritis, my body aches all of the time.  I take pain killers and magnesium supplements, I also take Glucosamine.  Whether they work, the jury still out.  I use a magnesium bath soak and cream.   I guess arthritis is just another of life’s little niggles. For me I don’t want to go down the route of really strong medication or surgeries, but you must what’s best for you.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @oldngrumpy, hello and welcome, having been diagnosed with gout I was recommended to take Turmeric tablets. I now take 2 a day at breakfast and tea time 1000mg tablets/ capsules they have black pepper added to aid intake. I buy on line 6 or 12 months supply at a time, they do and have helped no swelling but as my main disability is MS with spasticity in my right leg I take naproxen when needed for a week mostly.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,444 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
        Until you have had your blood tests the doctors will not know if it is a inflammatory arthritis, there are many different kinds. I have rheumatoid arthritis and believe me it is not one of life's little niggles, it should be called rheumatoid disease as it is not the arthritis your grandma had a touch of in her knee, believe me when I say it is all consuming and incurable. Lets hope you only have gout as that is sorted with medication. I wouldn't bother with lotions and potions for now, wait till the medical professional has seen your results.
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you all for replying 

Brightness