Plans and inclusive activity ideas for the bank holiday weekend — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Plans and inclusive activity ideas for the bank holiday weekend

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2021 in Coffee lounge

Hurray!  It's looking like we have a much longed-for, sunny bank holiday weekend coming up, so what do you have planned?  

A daisy sat in the sunshine

Let's hope I haven't just Michael Fish-ed the upcoming weather  :D but I thought this would be a nice space to share with each other, what you will be up to and any ideas for inclusive activities to try out.

Personally, I need to make a start on taming my out of control gardens.  My front hedge is getting ever-difficult for the postman to walk past (think Krypton Factor) and my rockery is more like a jungle!  As such, I will be Mrs Green Fingers, doing bits and bobs, with many cups of tea to hand.

Accessible activity ideas

If you are stuck as to what to do this weekend, then perhaps some of these ideas might tickle your fancy.  
Can you add anymore to the list?

What will you be doing?

I hope whatever you are up to, you enjoy it.  Be it adrenaline fuelled, seeing family or a marathon viewing session of your latest box-set of choice!  Feel free to let us know in the comments what you have planned :) 
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    On bank holiday Monday we will just be relaxing in the garden if the weather forecast is right.
    But on Sunday we are seeing our daughter and grandson for the first time since August.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine enjoy bet you can't wait to see your daughter and grandson  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Will be a box set binge for me I think 

Toby going to a friends sat and sun but we are going out for breakfast on Sat before he goes 

As he is off all week planning to go shopping one day for clothes and treats 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    We have some nice food in, including meat for BBQs, along with ingredients to make cocktails so hopefully the weather will be OK!
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    According to the weather forecast today Sunday Monday and Tuesday will be sunny and 21 degrees Saturday won't be quite as good but still warm.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    We had rain today sunny tomorrow cloudy with showers Sunday  and Monday 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I get to see my sister and nephew who I've not seen since my wedding day in 2019. They will get to meet Daisy too :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    I get to see my sister and nephew who I've not seen since my wedding day in 2019. They will get to meet Daisy too :)
    That's super, bet you can't wait for that. Have fun!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    I’ve had an afternoon sitting in the garden. Tomorrow, I’ve been invited to a friends. Monday, I’ll be flaked out in front of TV!

For all those seeing relatives they haven’t seen in a while, have lots of fun.
    Everyone else, enjoy the sunshine, box sets. Take pleasure in whatever you choose to do?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @Ross_Scope :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mandyliza
    mandyliza Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Monday going out to lunch with a friend 1st time  since before the 1st lockdown.  I have been out very little since the beginning of the pandemic. Feeling very nervous. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    mandyliza said:
    Monday going out to lunch with a friend 1st time  since before the 1st lockdown.  I have been out very little since the beginning of the pandemic. Feeling very nervous. 
    It's understandable that you're nervous, but I'm sure everything will go just fine. Are you going anywhere nice for lunch?
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness