Lwcra with debt recovery — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra with debt recovery

Options
Ym1777
Ym1777 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
How long does debt recovery keep your lwcra before returning it me?? 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Very hard to answer and there is no set timescale. Unfortunately it’s a waiting game. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome yo the community 

As above no set timescales can depend on  lots different things eg workload,  checks if there are debts , calculating deductions and so on 
  • Ym1777
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help, apparently I owe them 335 for housing benefit overpayment 10 years ago ?
  • Ym1777
    Options
    @janer1967Please help!I suffer from severe anxiety, phycosis, depression, I've been sending fit notes since 16 Oct 2020 but I only applied for lwcra March as my support worker asked why haven't I had my assessment yet, So I phoned up in March 2021 I got my lwcra on 24 May 2021 I received 1369.67 from January 2021 but they have sent it to the debt management for a overpayment. I spoke to them and they said it was housing benefit overpayment of 335.50 and they now they are saying that they are taking it all for advance payments and budgeting advances etc because I owe the job center 1800 I have been paying it bk they only have been paying me 280 a month instead of 411 since October 2020 because of housing benefit overpayment and advance payments Can they do this to me please help thanks for you time kind regards ym. 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Hi there 

This is what they normally do if there are any debts to recover

You can challenge if you already have payment plan in place but it might not get you anywhere 

Is it not better to get it paid off then your monthly payments will be more 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ym1777

I hope the above information has been helpful. Can I ask, are you receiving all the support you need to manage your mental health? Such as from your GP or other health professional?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    Options
    Sorry for wrong info given by myself learn something new everyday 
  • Ym1777
    Options
    @Username_removed what do you suggest I do if I can do anything at all 
  • Ym1777
    Options
    Thanks for your help