hi guys new member looking for advice on days out for mixed ability families? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi guys new member looking for advice on days out for mixed ability families?

Options
MrMeltdown
MrMeltdown Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in Coffee lounge
hi guys and gals 

i am a father to a child who has ASD and ADHD I also have neurotypical children I am looking for ideas of where people visit on days out we currently visit the beach a lot as it answers the needs of everyone until we meet the judgemental public. Anyone have ideas of good places to visit?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MrMeltdown :) That's a good question. It's not something I have personal experience of, but Scope do have an information and advice page on tips for going on days out. It's not tailored towards families with both neurodiverse and neurotypical children, but you might find some of the tips and ideas helpful nonetheless. 

What kind of things do you and your children enjoy doing? For example, do they enjoy music, sports, visiting museums etc.?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to community 

It might help 8f you told us what location you are looking at 

I'm not sure if any of these suggestions are suitable but here goes 

Zoo , trampoline parks,  picnics swimming,  splash parks , bowling , pet farms , soft play centres 
  • MrMeltdown
    Options
    My kids love play parks we are lucky because all the local villages have good play parks, but these places are used by the public so we play until someone turns up and then move on for our own safety. The kids are standard and love screens. i dont mind them using them as they have to earn screen time. the beach is the only place we can go and everyone have fun but in UK this isnt always an option.
  • MrMeltdown
    Options
    we are in Cornwall, UK
  • MrMeltdown
    Options
    Thanks these good options, hopefully when lock down is lifted we will try some of these. 

Brightness