Esa Delay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Delay

Options
MJ90
MJ90 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I put an application for Esa based SSP on the 26th April and I still have not got any letters or calls from the jobcenter. I have rang the DWP numerous times and had 3 escalations put on the claim which is all there and sorted, the DWP have told me I need a claimant commitment meeting with my local jobcentre but everything time they tell me they will message the JC to ring me back within 24 hours it never happens . Anyone have any idea why its taking more than 6 weeks ?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MJ90 said:
    I put an application for Esa based SSP on the 26th April 
    ESA and SSP are two entirely different things.
    SSP is paid by your employer.
    ESA is a contributions based benefit you may be entitled if you are not currently entitled to SSP.
    I infer from your post that you have applied for ESA. There is no way for us to know why your claim has not been processed promptly as it should be.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MJ90
    MJ90 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I have read up that if you are in receipt of ssp for longer than 28 weeks you must then pay for esa to cover sick pay via an ssp1 form. I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem with such a delay with no correspondence.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    MJ90 said:
    I have read up that if you are in receipt of ssp for longer than 28 weeks you must then pay for esa to cover sick pay via an ssp1 form. I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem with such a delay with no correspondence.
    You cannot get SSP for more than 28 weeks. When SSP ends you are entitled to claim ESA (if you meet the NI condition). The SSP1 form is given to you by your employer as evidence of the date that your SSP entitlement ends.

Note that if you are in a household with low income you may be entitled to Universal Credit while claiming SSP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.