Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits- are DWP's assessment/decision same criteria as PIP, ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits- are DWP's assessment/decision same criteria as PIP, ESA?

Options
Peter99
Peter99 Community member Posts: 65 Connected
I am asking for a cousin.  Ten years ago, he was awarded 2% for life for loss of Faculty. 
Now his condition has got worse and both of his knees are now affected.
Are the DWP's assessment and decision same criteria as PIP, ESA, etc?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    IIDB, ESA and PIP are all assessed differently.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • boristheblonde
    boristheblonde Posts: 65 Listener
    Options
    I think it’s worked out as loss of function of specific limb or bodily part that’s not functioning as a normal persons would.
    Don’t quote me on that tho the information is listed on direct.gov.uk. And there’s lots of it , can’t see much in caselaw, either that or I’m looking in the wrong place….
    How they measure the percentage is another question I’m also asking myself.
    ive also read many apparently are just under the required 14% to get a payment tho they are added as a whole in the total award for multiple issues. 
    2% is just ridiculously low don’t you think.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.