Hi, my name is ambo37! I have my assessment in June, and am quite nervous — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ambo37! I have my assessment in June, and am quite nervous

ambo37
ambo37 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i applied in  march and have my assessment on the 15th june am quite nervous but hopefully it goes ok

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ambo37 and welcome to the community! Is this for a benefits assessment?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ambo37
    Yes im quite worried i go to pieces when im talking to people 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Is it pip you ate having an assessment for 

Try not to panic do preparation like reading your application and make some notes to prompt you try and give 2 real examples 9f what happened when you last tried to do the task 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • ambo37
    Hi thanks @janer1967 i will keep you posted 
  • ambo37
    Hi serenity thanks am hopeful things will be ok 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ambo37 - & welcome to the community from me also. :)  Hoping your assessment goes well. Just take your time, & ask them to repeat any questions if needed. You need to say how you are on the majority of days, & give those detailed examples that Jane mentioned for each applicable activity, e.g. when did it happen, what exactly happened, why, who witnessed it, & what if any was the consequence of attempting/doing an activity? Could you do it 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, can you repeat it as often as you want, does it take you longer than someone without your disability?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @ambo37 :) Best of luck for your assessment on the 15th June. I hope that following the above advice will help you to feel more prepared. Many people get nervous during the assessment, and the assessor should hopefully be understanding of the fact that you might need some time to be able to answer the questions.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category, and added a bit to the title.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the assessment. Is it a telephone one? I had a f2f one at home in 2019. I was nervous and terrified too. But it went well and I got the full award. I had been on DLA for 20 years and felt aggrieved at having to justify my condition . I am now 68 and Primary Progressive MS will never get better. Again, good luck chick xxx
  • ambo37
    Thanks everyone will let you know how i get on
  • ambo37
    Just to let you know I rang the pip helpline today and received the news I have been awarded standard daily and enhanced mobility and will receive my back pay on Tues 6th July so it was 2 weeks from assessment if it helps people to know
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ambo37 - & thank you for your update. Great you heard so quickly, & congratulations. :)
  • ambo37
    Thanks so much wasn't expecting it to be fair I thought it would be weeks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.