Hi, my name is funkytia1! Continuing to work and benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is funkytia1! Continuing to work and benefits

funkytia1
funkytia1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2021 in Work and employment
Hi can anyone help I currently work 11 hrs a week on universal credit but have fibromyalgia and have been advised by my dr not to work . I have applied for pips.(no decision yet) but am worried if I don’t get pips I will have to continue to work . X
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there Welcome to the community 

Unless it is for financial reasons not getting pip doesn't mean you have to continue working 
  • funkytia1
    I am on universal credit, so if I don’t work I then have to be looking for work don’t I ? Xx thank you for you’re reply x
  • janer1967
    You could report your health condition on your journal and provide a fit note . This will then prompt the work capability process a bit like pip process buf different criteria as it assesses your ability to work 

The outcome could be either 

Fit for work- required to look for work 

Lcw -limited capability for work- have to prepare for work cv  training etc but no requirement to work 

Lcwra - not required to work or look for work.  If this is awarded there is additional payment of £343.63 per month after a 3 month waiting period 

Hope all this helps 
  • funkytia1
    Thank you for this information, You have been very helpful.
  • janer1967
    Your welcome 

Just ask if you have any further questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @funkytia1 and welcome to the community.

I'm glad the above information from Jane has been helpful and hopefully it has helped to put your mind at ease. 

I hope your PIP claim goes well, are you going to report your condition on your journal as Jane suggests? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • funkytia1
    I have and my medication I am taking but nothing has been said x
  • janer1967
    If you have only just reported it it will be a while till you hear anything 

After submitting a fit note for 28 days or more your work coach should refer you for work capability assessment 

They may need prompting 

You will then be sent uc50 forms to complete and return , then the assessment 

The whole process can take a while around 6 months 
  • funkytia1
    I’m not sure I submitted a fit note . I just left a message to say I had fibromyalgia, and my medication and that I had applied for pips . They messaged to say it was not live . But a lady I spoke to at the drs today, who helps with pips claims , said she was going to get In touch  with universal credit and ask someone to contact my in regards to disabilities.x
  • janer1967
    You need to go into change of circumstances on your journal and select report a new medical condition 

Brightness